Author Topic: Guests and users  (Read 2041 times)

JJ

Guests and users
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »
Has anyone ever tried to figure out why guests don't become members and why members are not constant users? I have noticed that it is mostly guests and hardly ever users, and most of the members probably signed on and then lost interest and drifted away. Is there a statistic that keeps track of members usage over the long run. I did not notice anything like that in the stats like what percent of the total log on at least once a week? I think a large percent of the members are only temporary users then stop completely.

ElisabethB

• IOTW posters
Re: Guests and users
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »
Guests (on the forum) can also mean members that aren't logged on.
Don't know about the stats.  ;)

jules

• Global Moderator
Re: Guests and users
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »
There is the memberlist (Members in the top menu) - though that contains many duplicate and spoof accounts. But you can tell how many active users there are. Forums typically attract a tiny proportion of project users. Moon Zoo is no exception. Pity really as the forums are where the interesting / unusual stuff is posted, and where the science team look for help on mini projects. It's a fairly fluid population - "regulars" come, stay for a while and then and go... Forum life!