Author Topic: Photobucket  (Read 3438 times)

JJ

Photobucket
« on: February 08, 2013, 06:22:21 am »

Does anyone know how to post images from photobucket, I can't seem to get it to work.I can post the ones from google mail but am not having any luck with photobucket.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:11:40 am by JJ »

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
Re: Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:52 am »

Does anyone know how to post images from photobucket, I can't seem to get it to work.

I can post the ones from google mail but am not having any luck with photobucket.

Hi JJ

I modified your post and it seems to work - you had an extra "IMG" in your posting.
If you use the Quote button on this post you can see the BBCode.

JJ

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:36:58 am »
Thanks Geoff

It just shows the pictures not the code for them when I use quote. I don't even see it in the original and can't understand how you were able to do a copy of it. Is there something wrong with my editor here?
 This is all I see

Does anyone know how to post images from photobucket, I can't seem to get it to work.

I can post the ones from google mail but am not having any luck with photobucket.

Is it because your a moderator?

EDIT: never mind about that I had to click the toggle view button. where did the [ img ]http://forum.moonzoo.org come from??? in the original I did not add that.

In photobucket it comes up with the screen for links and you have to click it to copy the code you can't click the image to get it like usual. How do you do it? When I click on the picture to get the link I get this javascript:void(0);
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:23:36 am by JJ »

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:48 pm »
 I've just had a look at photobucket. If you click on the image you want to share there are 4 sharing buttons top right (facebook, twitter, e-mail and "share to other services") Click the "share to other services" button and click the "links tab." IMG code for forums is the one you want.

I use flickr which is much easier!

The quote feature Geoff mentioned was the menu option top right of each post. (Quote, Modify, Remove) rather than the quote icon above the message box. You can click quote (from top right) to see each post in code form - useful if a post contains fancy formatting you want to use!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:34:43 pm by jules »