Author Topic: Classifications for Moon Zoo not updating  (Read 6220 times)

okopho

Classifications for Moon Zoo not updating
« on: February 19, 2013, 07:27:24 pm »
When I visit the Zooniverse Projects Page, my classifications for Moon Zoo don't get updated properly.

For most of the projects, my stats get updated immediately whenever I refresh the page. For a few others, (e.g. Planet Hunters) the stats can lag behind a bit, but always get updated eventually (usually the next day, for me).

But for Moon Zoo, my stats rarely, if ever, get updated. Which is pretty annoying - and also a bit worrying, because it makes my wonder whether all my efforts are going to waste.

I've tried clearing my cookies, and then logging out and back in again, but it has little effect. I must have done well over 50 classifications on Moon Zoo over the last couple of days, and today it increased my stats by exactly 1!

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

jules

• Global Moderator
Re: Classifications for Moon Zoo not updating
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:40:54 pm »
Thanks okopho I'll let the team know. I have noticed that the Moon Zoo update is lagging more than usual but haven't been keeping a close watch.

okopho

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:48:40 pm »
Thanks okopho I'll let the team know. I have noticed that the Moon Zoo update is lagging more than usual but haven't been keeping a close watch.

Thanks, Jules. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if anythings changes.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:29:16 pm »
Update! Apparently there is a problem logging clicks from Boulder Wars for some people. The techies are looking into it. These clicks are still counted towards the project it's just a count problem on the zooniverse page.

okopho

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:13:55 pm »
Apparently there is a problem logging clicks from Boulder Wars for some people.

That makes sense, as I have only been doing Boulder Wars recently.

As a test, I did 4 Crater Surveys yesterday, as well as a dozen or so on Boulder Wars. Today, my Moon Zoo stats increased by exactly 4, so that would seem to confirm that Boulder Wars is the problem for me.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »
Glad it matches up. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

okopho

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:53:07 pm »
It's been six weeks since I originally reported this, and the problem still persists. In fact, my stats haven't updated at all during the last month or so.

Is there any further news from the support team about this problem?

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:05:58 pm »
No further news yet. This must mean it's more of a problem that first thought. I'll chase it up.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »
Thanks to Arfon this problem now appears to have been fixed (I've monitored it for a few days and my stats are updating for both crater count and boulder wars.) It takes a day sometimes to update but it gets there. Unfortunately there is no way to add historical boulder wars clicks to the stats. They all count towards the project however.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:37:45 pm by jules »

okopho

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:49:44 am »
Thanks to Arfon this problem now appears to have been fixed (I've monitored it for a few days and my stats are updating for both crater count and boulder wars.) It takes a day sometimes to update but it gets there. Unfortunately there is no way to add historical boulder wars clicks to the stats. They all count towards the project however.

Thanks for chasing this up for me, Jules. Sorry I could not reply sooner, but I've also had some trouble logging in to the forum (now fixed, obviously).

I can confirm that my stats are also now updating as they should.

Thanks Arfon  :D

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 08:57:12 am »
No problem. Yep  - all seems well now!