Author Topic: Orange marker freezes In Crater Servey  (Read 2680 times)

shocko61

Orange marker freezes In Crater Servey
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:38:19 pm »
A small problem with the orange circle marker , in particular when I mark large craters the orange marker circle freezes and I cannot mark the circle for" Some "or" Many "boulders and when the circle freezes I cannot delete the circle and start again for that crater . This happens about 1 in 50 or 60 images some times more sometimes less . It happened in medium size circles about 3 or 4 times in about 1,000 images and would like to know please if anyone has had this happen to them . I will make notes and post (here ) if it happens again with any further information I can get . Ian shocko61

shocko61

Re: Orange marker freezes In Crater Servey
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:28:18 am »
 Explanation for the orange circle freezing . I dragged the circle out side the perimeter of the image and the expansion  stopped ,I moved the courser back into the image and the orange circle was still live so I set the circle to the right size and clicked , the circle froze  and I got a small orange circle which I deleted but the original circle stayed frozen . I repeated the process on another crater with the same results . Conclusion , do not drag the circle marker outside of the image perimeter window . My mistake . Ian shocko61 :-[ :)

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:32 am »
Hi Ian, can you let us know which browser you're using. I haven't had any problems with the selection circle freezing.

shocko61

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:48:22 am »
Hi Geoff, yes , the browser is Firefox , and when I drag outside of the Crater Servey image  window that is when I have the problem and since I stopped dragging outside the window (red line ) I have not had a problem , so problem seems to be fixed IE I do not go outside the red line . I have not tried to drag a large Orange circle from inside the window so that it is very large and stops expanding but i will with the next lot of craters and see what happens and will report back here .Ian shocko61

shocko61

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 02:15:04 am »
Hi Geoff , I just tried to make a very large circle from inside the window not going outside of the red line the circle is huuuge and that was from corner to corner also along the top red line and I cannot freeze the circle if I stay inside the red line , I was making the mistake of dragging so that the courser was well outside the red line and that causes the circle to freeze ,I was doing that not taking enough care to stay inside the red line . If you want to reproduce this , get a crater close to the red line or edge of the window that we work in and drag the circle over the window red line till the circle stops expanding then  go inside the red line and try to mark the circle with some or many boulders , with me it freezes and I cannot do anything to the circle . as I said if i do not go outside of the work window there is no problem .Ian shocko61