Author Topic: New My Moon Zoo Features - May 2010 - Comments here!  (Read 7592 times)

jules

• Global Moderator
New My Moon Zoo Features - May 2010 - Comments here!
« on: May 25, 2010, 03:29:07 pm »
You may have noticed that some tweaking and improvements have been going on! My Moon Zoo Favourites and Recent lists are now linked to the relevant LROC WMS interface where we can look at the area in much more detail. IreneAnt provideed some details about the WMS browser here. There's also a zoom and a Google Moon option. Have fun and report any problems here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:33:59 am by jules »

Blackprojects

• Space Shuttle in Orbit as Seen from Earth
Re: New My Moon Zoo Features - May 2010 - Comments here!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:53:50 pm »
JulesArfon

This is my View of MOONZOO in normal mode I have to ZOOM the image ina  lot to be able to do any thing with the Screen.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/markredgwell/?action=view&current=MoonZoo-CraterSurvey_1274827517402.pngwhat I have todo to use MOONZOO.

The Full Size image Below just o you Know

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:34:51 am by jules »

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:56:39 pm »
Hi BP

That doesn't look right at all  :(

Can you post which browser and operating system you're using as this may help Arfon.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:34:25 am by jules »

Geoff

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:59:34 pm »
Hi BP

Another thought - how long has your browser being running for? Maybe its cache is messed up. You could try clearing cache and restarting the browser to see if it fixes the problem.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:34:35 am by jules »

DJ_59

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:35 pm »

Has it been suggested yet that it'd be great if we could look at an image in Recents and, deciding it's more important than we'd originally thought, add it to Favorites?  I know I'd love that, along with a way to delete favorites.  My Favorites list is ridiculously long and a lot of the things I put there turned out to not be something I needed to revisit. 

Geoff

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 09:08:31 pm »
What you could do is store the Id of images you like in a word processing document with a comment to remind you why it's special.

You can always examine the image again by inserting the Id into this url: http://www.moonzoo.org/examine/<<Id>>

Remember to save the document every so often!

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »

Has it been suggested yet that it'd be great if we could look at an image in Recents and, deciding it's more important than we'd originally thought, add it to Favorites?  I know I'd love that, along with a way to delete favorites.  My Favorites list is ridiculously long and a lot of the things I put there turned out to not be something I needed to revisit.
Yes - these things will happen!

rob44

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:41 pm »
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to do this but it would be great to have a section with current statistics such as images examined, craters marked etc.

Thanks!

Rob

astrostu

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 05:53:12 am »
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to do this but it would be great to have a section with current statistics such as images examined, craters marked etc.

Thanks!

Rob

Rob -- My understanding is that this had been done for GalaxyZoo in terms of individual user stats, but that it turned into a competition that resulted in poor classifications just for the sake of beating someone in number classified.

That said, if I do end up becoming a part of the science team in the coming weeks/months, I'm going to push very hard to get some sort of user or group feedback out to you folks to see the progress we're making and all the help that you and everyone else is giving to identifying craters and other features on the moon.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 03:22:51 pm »
More feedback is planned!! ;D Patience my friends. :D

Philius Fogg

• I am certain I was born either 100 years to late, as the world has been done. More likely 100 years to early as Im sure the best is yet to come!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:44:47 pm »
AHA,

I found this thread!  I really love the way Moon Zoo works and can understand its current structure.  Especially concerning browser issues!

Nether the less I still wanna be cheeky!  Is there a way to manipulate the images at all?  For example in a basic way Id love to be able to maximise to full screen?  Ill ignore all my other cheeky ideas just to do that.

I point out that some of us now use TV'S as monitors, for example LED 50" with HD.  So as quaint as the current setting on pics are they really are minimal and hard to draw on.  I mention this as Im sure a compromise can be reached with the current programmers and pics to accomodate this?

Ive also told my friends about Moon Zoo, they too use HD systems!  Im not trying to be negative but the days of a browser in the corner are over!

tsiehta

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 08:54:39 pm »
Unfortunately I couldn't see the boulders in the survey.

# ID: AMZ1000r6z
# Latitude: 47.8297°
# Longitude: 2.3928°
# Sun Angle: -59.11°

# ID: AMZ1000r6y
# Latitude: 47.85°
# Longitude: 2.39312°
Zoom out:

# ID: AMZ200028n
# Latitude: 47.8443°
# Longitude: 2.48498°

Geoff

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 09:06:32 pm »
Hi tsiehta

Did you have a question or a problem? It's not clear from your description if anything is wrong.

tsiehta

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 10:19:02 pm »
Hi Geoff,
regarding the survery image I didn't classify it comprehensive, I've missed the boulders because the image was too small, discovered it only after going to 'my moon zoo'. I'm aware of the discrepance by a zoom option while doing the survey and at the same time maybe missing something. The question is if scientists can live with it.

Geoff

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 07:53:30 am »
Hi tsiehta

The crater survey is mainly interested in how many craters there are in the image, you don't need to record boulders unless there are boulder tracks. I wouldn't worry about missing small boulders and just concentrate on the craters!