Author Topic: Data Retrieval Error  (Read 8179 times)

BScott

Data Retrieval Error
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:37:26 pm »
While playing Boulder Wars I keep getting a data retrieval error after every three or four submittals. I have to left click on Boulder Wars two or three times to start again. It is not logging me off like I would expect if I dropped my internet connection and I have verified my connection is good. The problem continues even if I change web browsers. I don't have this problem with craters.

Anyone else having the same problem? Something I didn't configure?

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
Re: Data Retrieval Error
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:34:28 am »
This looks like the same thing reported here. This happens to me sometimes when doing Craters and refreshing the page usually fixes it.

I will check with the technical team and see if they can tweak anything to fix this.

MHarleman

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:40:59 pm »
This looks like the same thing reported here. This happens to me sometimes when doing Craters and refreshing the page usually fixes it.

I'm getting a similar problem, and have had it on a few occasions with Craters before today.  While it is true that I can do as the post said, and refresh the image to fix it, it is doubtful that the completed image the error occurs on is going through.  I can tell you that if there is an Internet connection problem, I don't think it is at my end.  My connection seems to be working fine other than this.  Of course, an error could occur anywhere in between me and you I suppose.  It's a little frustrating to spend time on an image, and then have it not go through.  I hope your technical team is able to straighten it out.  Thanks.

MHarleman

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 08:25:47 pm »
This is a follow up to the previous post because I can't get Boulder Wars to function well at all.  I go through maybe 3 images and get this same error.  I'm running Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10.  I would think that wouldn't be a problem, but I thought I would mention it in case it helps.

Arfon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:00:07 am »
Hi all, I'm sorry to hear about your problems here. I'm wondering if this is an issue unique to a certain browser. I know IE10 was mentioned by one person, could people who are having this issue post their browser and operating system here?

Cheers
Arfon

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:37:06 am »
Firefox v22.0 with Vista, XP and Windows7. All 3 bring up that error occasionally.

Geoff

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 12:27:49 pm »
I'm using Mac OS X 10.8 and Safari 6.0.5 - the errors are intermittent.

shocko61

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 07:37:52 am »
Hi Arfon , I am using Firefox 23.0.1  and Windows 7 Premium . As Geoff and Jules pointed out to me data retrieval error  could be when the internet is slow ,I get 3 to 4 images  and an error but when the internet is fast , maybe 2 to 3 hours with out an error . I hope this is of some help . Ian shocko61

x303

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 08:24:55 pm »
The data retrieval error is still happening. Doesn't matter which browser you use.

Geoff

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 07:36:57 am »
The data retrieval error is still happening. Doesn't matter which browser you use.

I'll pass this on to the technical people and see if they have an answer - still happens to me as well sometimes.

Caro

• IOTW posters
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 11:01:37 am »
After two sets of Boulder Wars images, I still get the 'could not retrieve data' message. Reloading doesn't help.  >:( ;)

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 12:56:53 pm »
Thanks Caro - there are a few issues at the moment. :(

x303

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 08:55:44 pm »
Still not fixed. Also says: 'Loading Error 0: URLNotFound'
Looks like the pictures can't be found on the server.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »
Yes there are a few glitches with Moon Zoo right now - all being looked at. Thanks for pointing out the additional error though - I haven't seen that one.

x303

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 10:12:03 am »
Error still not fixed....  :o