Author Topic: Feature ideas for Moonzoo  (Read 4152 times)

Flexo221281

Feature ideas for Moonzoo
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:20:00 pm »
Hello community.

This seems to be the right location to post a feedback to moonzoo.

Just seen the site on BBC while zapping and I think it is a great and exciting way to participate on discovering the moon.

After doing some crater surveys and some boulder wars I have some ideas for the technical team.

• A button in the gui to flag scrambled / blank images would help to sort these images out
  • It would be motivating if there would be a statistics site, which tells the user
       - How many images are on the server
       - How many users were logged in today
       - how many craters / boulders / formations / spacecrafts were found (or marked) by the community (all / this month / week / day). This would be motivating, because at the moment I somehow feel like doing the 100 meter dash all over again but never get told my time.
  • A Feature which was already posted in the forum: Scaling of the images

I think this would  make the project much more exciting for the user.

But so far: Great project and thanks for giving the possibility to work on this.

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
Re: Feature ideas for Moonzoo
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:03:01 pm »
Hi Flexo221281 and welcome to Moon Zoo.

You raise some good points and I'm sure the team will be looking at this for the next update of the software. The first point about a button for blank images has been mentioned a few times before so will be on the "to do list"!

Flexo221281

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:06:32 am »
I like to do the "boulder wars" in 5 minute breaks and recognized a feature which would increase the speed of using "boulder wars" - a key board implementation.

So it would be nice if you could use cursor keys of the computer keyboard.  "cursor left" so select the left image, "cursor right" to select the right one and "cursor down" to select "no boulders".

Another nice thing for boulder wars would be the "favourite" functionality from the normal crater survey.

Philius Fogg

• I am certain I was born either 100 years to late, as the world has been done. More likely 100 years to early as Im sure the best is yet to come!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:47:40 pm »
Hi Flexo,

I watch Click too and how fantastic are your ideas?  I just wanted to say hi and more importantly hope you persist!

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:28:24 pm »
I like to do the "boulder wars" in 5 minute breaks and recognized a feature which would increase the speed of using "boulder wars" - a key board implementation.

So it would be nice if you could use cursor keys of the computer keyboard.  "cursor left" so select the left image, "cursor right" to select the right one and "cursor down" to select "no boulders".

Another nice thing for boulder wars would be the "favourite" functionality from the normal crater survey.
Nice ideas - I'll put links to this thread in the Team Area.

Thomas J

• Global Moderator
  • Do the best you can, while you can
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:20:48 pm »
Thanks for the input, Flexo.

DK_

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 10:37:32 pm »
Hi,
I've another suggestion to make the user interface much easier to use:
It's quite time consuming to mark lots of craters that are only little bigger than the default size of the crater marking cursor. You always have to click and drag carefully for every single crater. This starts to nerve if you have an image with lots of more or less equally sized craters of this kind.

If the size of the crater marking curser could be adjusted with the mouse wheel and stay at this size until it is changed again then I believe one could go through the many craters that are only little bigger than the default size much, much faster.
As this would be mostly used for the small and medium sized craters I belive the mouse wheel should allow a relatively fine size adjustion (e.g. one wheel-step = 10% size change).

I certainly would like to see this feature in addition to the size-dragging and handles, which are good for larger craters.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:25:42 am by DK_ »

Thomas J

• Global Moderator
  • Do the best you can, while you can
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:12 am »
Welcome to the forum, DK and thanks for the suggestion.