For those who are interested, full LROC images can be browsed at the LROC WMS Image Browser website (http://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc/
). This is a great site and easy enough for beginners to putter around in.
Beginner instructions for navigating the LROC WMS Image Browser
- Centre and Zoom in on area of interest
- Click the blue Toggle button in the top left corner of the image area
- Select the products you want (generally WAC and NAC, primary mission and commissioning phase) and click Update Layers
- On the right information panel, click the Get Footprint Info radio button
- Click on the image outline you are interested in seeing
- Click on the thumbnail (that you are interested in) when it appears below the image area
- A new browser tab/window will open showing you the full LROC strip you selected. Here you can zoom in, pan, and otherwise navigate to look around.
Now, what I want to know, is there any way to relate the MoonZoo image id numbers to the LROC image numbers? There are already some things I have seen here that I would like to see the full LROC images for.Edited May 15 to correct typo.