Author Topic: Re: Checking your tally  (Read 1864 times)

pete-j

Re: Checking your tally
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:53 pm »
I am new to Moon Zoo (congratulations on a wonderful project!) I am participating in a number of the other projects across the Zooniverse. My background is actually in Astrophysics at University although that was a long time ago!

The problem is that my tallies across the other projects are stable - except for Moon Zoo.  It seems every time that I log in the tally is different. I note from the blog that this has been raised before?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:18 am »
Hi Pete and welcome to Moon Zoo. Are you talking about the totals shown on the Zooniverse Projects site? I've just checked mine and it seems to be all right though I can't remember what it was last time I checked. I will keep a note of it and see if it varies next time I check.

Out of interest how much does the tally change by each time you check, is it one or two or a large number?

pete-j

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am referring to the totals on the Zooniverse Projects site.  I have just logged in and my Moon Zoo tally is 290.  Yesterday (20th Oct 2014) it was  at 102, down from about 169. I logged in at another time later on October 20th and this number had then gone down to 29. At this time, I had submitted around two-hundred classifications.  It may be just me, but participating in five Zooniverse projects (particularly the PlanetHunters) I have not observed such a fluctuation anywhere else.

Perhaps it takes a while for the number to stabilise as my present number 290 seems about right (logging in at the time of this post).  As you write, it may be something to keep an eye on.

Best regards.

pete-j

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »
Having the Zooniverse Project page up (as described above) and working on another project. Just noticed that my tally has just dropped to 207.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »
Hi Pete-j - welcome from me too!  ;D The Moon Zoo totals do take a little time to update - and I have noticed that sometimes they go down!  :o They do correct themselves eventually though and the techie team is aware of this so I suggest you keep an eye on things and hopefully the glitches will be fixed.

pete-j

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »
Hi Jules,

Thanks for the welcome!  :)  Perhaps this is negative posting? But no probs; it wouldn't be interesting if there weren't glitches :'( around.
Thanks.

jules

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »
Definitely! it's good to keep the techies on their toes. ;) And it's always useful to know that others are having similar problems.

Geoff

• Global Moderator
  • The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Hubble.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 06:10:12 am »
The counter seems to be working all right for me. I recorded my count yesterday, then did some crater work and my count has gone up when I checked today.